Fallout: New Vegas Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

reviewkitten's review of Fallout: New Vegas

“I love the Fall Out universe that Bethesda have...”

Written on: 15/12/2010 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

I love the Fall Out universe that Bethesda have created. I racked up over 100 hours playing Fallout 3 (and I still haven't played all the DLC's) and awaited Fallout: New Vegas like a child at Christmas. I even pre-ordered the game I wanted it that much. It arrived and I sat down for what I thought would be a solid weekend of gaming. Oh how I feel let down. The graphics are still good, the story hooks you in and the improvement of how you can make repairs, plus now you change the type of ammo and add mods to your weapons. They've even added a new wilderness skill where you learn recipes for potions and food, this leads you to collecting plants and flowers from the land.

This is all good. The reason the game is only three stars is it's buggy. So many bugs, from not soft saving when you fast travel to losing your NPC's and not being able to complete quest lines fully and then there is the graphic problems. You go to look at your Pipboy for instance, and you end up looking through your character's arm or a really bright screen that you can't use. Plus the game freezes way too much leading me to screaming as I've just lost over an hour's gameplay... if the soft save worked... no of course not, on this occasion the soft save decided to be lame and not work. I keep trying to play it. I really want to play it. But until Bethesda recall the game like Alone in Dark was or patch it then I will not play the game. Back to Fallout 3 then...

• Graphics

• Addiction Level

Multi-player

Reviewkitten's Response to reviewkitten's Review

Written on: 03/01/2012

Finally completed the game after a few painful months of picking it up, playing a bit before getting annoyed at it crashing and switching it off again. The storyline seemed to just trail off at the end and I really didn't care how it ended. I seemed to have no control over how it went down as it was all dependant on certain skills which were set in stone way back in game.

I'm currently slogging through some of the other side stories to see if I can feel a bit happier about the game but to be honest this was way below par compared with Fallout 3 which I replayed twice once I finished.