Alliance And Leicester Internet Banking www.alliance-leicester.co.uk Review

Alliance And Leicester Internet Banking  www.alliance-leicester.co.uk
1.1

Guest's review of Alliance And Leicester Internet Banking www.alliance-leicester.co.uk

“Alliance and Leicester (Santander) is a travesty. I...”

written by on 14/12/2010

Alliance and Leicester (Santander) is a travesty. I discovered that my account was blocked without notice, and decided to phone them up. Unusual spending patterns at Christmas? Who would have thought!

After multiple call centre workers pried into my personal and card details, including my three-digit security number which I had to vocally provide during a dubiously-secure phone call, they told me I failed their security test and that therefore they had to end my call. Any attempts to offer more security information were rebuffed by a carbon-copy reading of whatever script those automatons swear by.

They closed by demanding that I go to a branch and bring ID. Shocking how they demand all of your details and do nothing for you in return... except insult you and block you from accessing your money! Let me tell you, when I go to the branch tomorrow, I am unblocking my account - and then closing it.

Enough with the letters dated two weeks late, the replacement PIN numbers lost in the post, and the abysmal customer "service". I'm taking my money back to HSBC. At least HSBC are reliable, even if their interest rates are worse than Alliance and Leicester.

This is the first review I have ever written... and I have an important deadline to meet. Hope you take something from this. Wish this all happened before I opened an ISA account with them last week. I just don't trust them anymore.

• 1 year and over