Bradgate Brides, Anstey, Leics Review

Guest's review of Bradgate Brides, Anstey, Leics

“On my first visit to this shop i was greeted by a...”

Written on: 21/11/2010

On my first visit to this shop i was greeted by a lovely lady called Jo, she was fantastic, me being 45 and lets say not a size 10! i was feeling a bit nervous , i told her what i would like and her opinion was genuine and she put me at ease , there was no hard sell and she made me feel like a princess and i had her full attention , on my futher visits the other staff were less than curtious, i was told i was an hour late for an appointment, (which i wasn't )and would not be seen , then was left to wait for nearly 45 mins while they decided what to do with me , when i was finally seen the lady was rude and was hurrying because she told me she had another party to deal with ,on my final fitting i was greeted once again by Jo and the experience was more than outstanding , she is such a lovely person and dealt with my every need, after that it went down hill , i was told my dress would be ready in 4 weeks time, so when i still hadnt got it with 3 weeks to go i started to panic , i called the shop to be told to call the seamstress myself , on doing this a very rude women asked me why a customer was calling her and that she was to busy as she was doing a dress for a bride that was gettin married that saturday !!!! and that in 25 years a customer had never called her , the after service of this shop was very bad and the lady that i found the worse was actually the manageress

If this shop cant deal with getting the alterations done in a timely manner then they should not take so on , can you imagine not having your wedding dress with 3 days to go to your big day !!

I would not reccommend this shop ,but i would reccommend Jo as she was the shops best asset

Susannewilkie's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2011

We are never rude to any customer. However there is a difference between sales personnel and efficient reception staff and sometimes brides expect the chatty manner of a trained sales person to be the same on a person who is in charge of the office. Therefore when you are stating a fact,as the office staff obviously have to when asked questions, you are not selling a gown and pampering. Wedding gowns are worked on by the seamstresses in strict wedding date order and in busy periods if a bride puts on weight or loses weight she may request a seamstress to work on her gown a few days before her wedding, which they do so as a matter of urgency... then obviously a bride that is not gettign married for a number of weeks may be constantly calling for her gown when it is being worked on in order. I am absolutely positive that the same girl if she were to suddenly decide to change the height of her shoes or change shape would insist that we alter her gown a few days before her wedding and make certain that ANOTHER brides gown was not worked on at that time. In turn she would have to wait. If a gown is needed weeks before a wedding...then it is the brides responsibility to inform the seamstresses of the latest date in which she is happy to receive her gown. They will work to this date as if it were her actual wedding date then. Bradgate Brides have never missed one single wedding date in 10 years with either delivery or alterations. With designer hand made gowns the bride would not have a final fitting even until 2/3 days before the wedding in any case to ensure a perfect fit.