Casio Exilim EX-FH100 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Guest's review of Casio Exilim EX-FH100

“I had a CasioEX-Z500 before for 5 years until it gave...”

Written on: 27/10/2010

I had a CasioEX-Z500 before for 5 years until it gave up an stopped making proper pictures recently. I was thinking about different manufacturer like Panasonic or Nikon, but the price tag convinced me different and stayed with Casio. I do not regret my decision. It is a quite heavy, but professional, lovely designed piece of camera I had so far. It makes lovely mechanical noises (which some find bothering), feels great, and am very happy with the lens and 10x optical zoom. If you make pictures on Fine settings 9mpx, the 100% zoom shows little fuzzines of the details of the whole picture that could be slightly better. I had a go on the slow motion movies, but you need proper lighting to make something of a good quality. The anti shake and fast motion picture featured are fantastic. Buttons feel great, lovely metal finish, but the charging seems to be bit awkward. Normally you just need to plug the device into AC adapter and wait for charge. In the FH100 you need to remove the battery completely and insert it into special charging slot connected to main power. Luckily your camera settings do not reset, but still very weird way of charging. I just read that is done on purpose, where more and more people are buying second battery and while the first one charges, you can still use the camera with the spare one.

Generally am very happy with the purchase, as I am a quite a fan of Casio cameras and £200 is a nice price tag for a camera between compact and SLR lenses.

• Battery Life