Britax Vigour 3 Pushchair Review

Guest's review of Britax Vigour 3 Pushchair

“I bought the B Smart 3 from Toys R Us in October 2010...”

written by on 11/10/2010

I bought the B Smart 3 from Toys R Us in October 2010 for £150 when it was a special offer. I quite like the pushchair but I am very pleased that I did not pay any more for it. It is my 6th pushchair so I know about them! I bought it because my son is just 3 months, but too old for his pram (M&P Pliko P3, excellent all rounder) but too young to be in a normal pushchair facing away from the parent.

I bought it after much research because it was the cheapest reasonable quality pushchair that enabled me to have my baby facing me and lying flat, and have a buggyboard for my toddler.

Pros - at the time of purchase it was the cheapest pushchair that enabled you to have the baby facing the parent. The hood is great, very generous. It folds and unfolds very easily. The car seat and carrycot fit and switch very easily.

Cons - it feels very flimsy and I am not sure that it will stand the test of time. I would not get the 3 wheeler but would go for the 4 wheels as it will tip over very easily. It is a nightmare on buses, but as I rarely take them (walk everywhere) it is not too much of an issue with me. It is also very awkward to store and handle once folded. The frame broke within a day of having bought it and Toys R Us replaced it. Now it has a bit of a squeak and veers a bit to the right. The straps are absolute rubbish and very small.

I have an excellent Concord Fusion that we still use for my daughter who is just 3. I expect I will use the Britax for a year, then switch to the Concord. So I think it will be an in-between pushchair.

If you want more use out of it, definitely buy something better like the Oyster. For £150 it is acceptable.

• 3 Wheeler