Amazon Kindle 3 Review

• Quality

reviewkitten's review of Amazon Kindle 3

“I recently moved home and upon seeing the vast amount...”

Written on: 27/09/2010 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

I recently moved home and upon seeing the vast amount of books and the space they take up took the plunge and looked for an eReader. I am a self confessed Amazon fan so the Kindle was pretty much my only choice.The new 3rd generation is lighter and slimmer than previous models which I always thought looked a bit ugly. The only downside to ordering my Kindle was the wait. It proved to be pretty popular so was on back order for about a month. But it was worth the wait. As they claimed, it is lighter than a standard paperback and really easy to use. It feels nice with a soft rubber body and page turning buttons on both sides of the "book". I went for the 3G version and it's fairly fast and a lot more stable than my Xperia X10 but that is probably down to the less rate hungry eInk technology.

I sat down on the train this morning to start my first book and after a minute or so forgot I was reading it electronically, the eInk is really superb and the simple design just kinda disappears.

I've tried out the beta browser they have added and for me it's fine, I can read up on Wikipedia or browse Amazon, it's just not very good for clothes shopping ;)

There are some lovely touches too, when the Kindle goes into standby mode a picture appears which can be any author or famous book cover art for example I've seen Emily Dickenson and a cover for an original Bible. I am so far very impressed with the Kindle: Fast page turning, nice ability to change the font size and line spacing, comfortable to read plus free 3G make it a great choice for avid readers who like me are running out of places to hide their books from their partners...

• Quality

Reviewkitten's Response to reviewkitten's Review

Written on: 30/11/2010

Two months on and I still love my Kindle. It's great to be able to still read my book when packed onto my morning train - one handed! I bought a leather case that has an inbuilt light so I can read in bed without annoying my other half. Also just being able to pop my Kindle in my handbag and not have to lug a seperate bag around is worth it. The battery life is good, unless I'm browsing online it lasts me around a month and I've packed it full of the free Kindle books that Amazon have like Dracula and Sherlock Holmes.
<br/>
<br/>I'd wholeheartedly recommend as a Christmas gift for book lovers.

Jamesthegreat 's Response to reviewkitten's Review

Written on: 20/12/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I was thinking about getting a Kindle for my wife. This review has made my mind up...I wonder if she'll let me borrow it???