Central Scooters, Lye, West Midlands - www.centralscooters.co.uk Review

• How wide is the range of bikes available?

• Customer service

Guest's review of Central Scooters, Lye, West Midlands - www.centralscooters.co.uk

“This bike looks good but dont be fooled. I have had...”

Written on: 25/09/2010

This bike looks good but dont be fooled. I have had the bike for 14 days. daily journey is 14 miles....so far it has done less than 40 miles. First, flat battery, then told it was the timing. It keeps breaking down when I stop at lights etc. end up pushing it. Either it won't start or eventually goes & breaks down later on the journey. Now central say it could be 2 other things wrong. They will send out the parts but I have to fit them, if I can't they will talk me through it over the phone. NO local gargaes will touch it! Warranty means nothing. 3 months for parts that you have to fit. Bike is governed to 30 miles an hour until it comes out of warranty. It is a hazard to drive on a 50 mile road at 30 miles. My Advice, pay out extra for better bike! It has cost me loads on taxi's to work, deducted earnings due to being late, battery charger etc. should have just got a dearer bike!

• Customer service

• btm bt49QT-12

Model purchased?

• How wide is the range of bikes available?

Centralscooters's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2011

The warranty given on these scooters is fully reflected in the low price offered and is fully explained in the terms and conditions.
<br/>
<br/>We are always happy to help and sort any issues.
<br/>
<br/>As for the 30 mph, the scooters are restricted by law for 16 yeard old riders, if a 50cc scooter is de-restricted you should legally notify the DVLA and your insurers as this will take it from the Moped classification.
<br/>
<br/>People are always quick to leave negative comments however these reviews do not show the many thousands of customers who we have dealt with over the years.