Storm Thunderstick Spinning Rod - 7ft Review

From 1 review

Mike Holmes's review of Storm Thunderstick Spinning Rod - 7ft

“I bought this Storm rod last week before a 10 day...”

Written on: 21/09/2010 by Mike Holmes (1 review written)

I bought this Storm rod last week before a 10 day remote Alaskaa fishing trip as backup for my graphite rod. I don't know why but my old stand by graphite rod broke in half on the second silver salmon and this rod became # 1 to use.

Over the next 7 days using lures and eggs I hooked and landed over 50 silver salmon from 6 to 16lbs. All were super hot and caught while wading within 1/4 mile from the ocean.

The last 2 days I wanted to rest a little and catch a few cod from the old WW2 loading pier which was almost 1/2 mile out into the bay. The cod and flounder from 2 to 8 lbs were caught an every cast and no rest was received.I then caught on cut bait and a #10-0 circle hook and 4oz sinker 2 Halibut 40 & 65lbs and quit,all on a $12 rod, amazing!! I am 60 years old have fished for 55 of them and this is no BS.Photos and witnesses available, fishing spot is not. Mike Holmes msholmes119@yahoo.com