AA Breakdown Cover Review

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Guest's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“The first 3 years with the AA went fine, mostly...”

Written on: 20/09/2010

The first 3 years with the AA went fine, mostly because i didnt have the need to use them..

One night my car (nissan pulsar) fouled its spark plug up, i called the aa helpline and explained my problem and that i didnt need it recovering, just a sparkplug removing, cleaning and replacing. After 90-100 min this local contractor turned up without a basic tool box.. when i said i didnt wish to have my car recovered and i required a genuine aa van with a toolbox, he quickly disappeared. I called the AA helpline again and they said they had arranged another van to come have a look.

Another hour or two later a genuine marked AA van arrived and as it was 2am and in the middle of a newbuild/flatpack area i asked him if it was possible to turn his flashing beacons and high revving engine off, so we didnt get complaining parents.. at which point he said hold on, drove off and that was the last i heard of him.

I called the AA helpline once again, by now nearly 3am.. 7 hours after the original call out and they informed me the aa driver that attended my call felt 'threatened and vulnerable' and that no further dispatches could be made without investigation, leaving me stranded.

Last night, the bottom engine mount on my golf gttdi broke.. so i joined the RAC, they were on the scene within 15 minutes on a busy sunday, and had me mobile within 10 further minutes, after fixing the problem with the tools which he had remembered to bring. Much appreciated RAC!

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Dingding1's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2012

Stranger and stranger! Sounds like rubbish response and treatment - no wonder you complained here. I would have thought if you were going to run off in the AA van you would want the engine left running so you know where the keys are. lol.