Portugal Walks - www.portugalwalks.com Review

• Beauty of scenery

Guest's review of Portugal Walks - www.portugalwalks.com

“Madeira is a spectacularly beautiful island; however,...”

Written on: 15/09/2010

Madeira is a spectacularly beautiful island; however, we went with portugalwalks.com and I can not recommend the company. On our final night we were placed in a hotel that was a dump. My son and I had separate rooms. His had an unflushed toilet and a used tampon. Need I say more? (Mine was similarly dirty.) I bought 2 rooms at a lovely nearby hotel and e-mailed portugalwalks immediately explaining the situation and saying I would like a refund for that portion of the trip. I was e-mailed back but it was not until weeks later, I was told that I needed to explain to the portugalwalks dumpy hotel why I would not stay there...no refund. So definitely go to Madeira but seek out a different company! There are other companies doing independent hiking trips in Madeira.

• 08/10

Type of trip

• Beauty of scenery

Portugalwalks's Comment

Written on: 05/10/2010

These clients were particularly difficult before they arrived and during the whole week.
<br/>Ask yourself - if you had a dirty room would you not complain to the hotel?
<br/>When we asked the clients if they had complained they had not - so without a complaint our hands are tied. The reason they gave for leaving is that they wanted to stay with friends at another hotel - this was a 5 star next door! Our holidays are good value but do not include 5 star hotels - that would put the price out of most peoples reach.
<br/>The hotel that they did not like is not 5 star but over the many years we have used it there have never been any complaints about being dirty - in fact quite the opposite.
<br/>These clients had another agenda and because we wouldnt comply they have become quite nasty in their review.
<br/>We stand by our product and if you wish to read reviews about our holidays please look on the Responsible Travel web site.