HTC Desire Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

theFeenee's review of HTC Desire

“Upgraded to the HTC Desire from a Nokie E63 which I...”

Written on: 06/09/2010 by theFeenee (3 reviews written)

Upgraded to the HTC Desire from a Nokie E63 which I had been very happy with for 18 months except for the camera. The Desire has a better camera than the Nokia and I liked the screen in the shop.. so I went for it.

Wow! A month later and I can't praise it enough. Rather than try to repeat the excellent review from Ollsbolls below, I'll tell what I find especially impressive/ disappointing.

First the bad points;

1) Battery life. Yes, I know everyone says it but it is a problem. I've bought a lead for the car and now charge the Desire whilst driving. If I didn't then the battery would last a working day. This is probably because I allow it to sync continuously.

2) The camera. I took my Nikon D5000 to the Giant's causeway last weekend and the battery ran out (!) So I took 20 or so snaps withe the Desire instead. It's supposed to be 5mp but I got better defined photos with my Fuji camera at 3.2mp.

3) Nothing else!

Now the amazing things;

1) The screen... is totally georgeous!

2) The HTC Sense operating system is quite something. The 7 different home screens (nothing like as complicated as it sounds!) are a great help. Games on one, utilities on another, gallery on a third, social networking on the fourth etc. How on earth it correctly identifies my saugage-fingered typing errors, I have no idea.

3) The syncing. I use Outloook at home and work and wanted to sync both contacts and calendar between all 3 machines. I had set up HTC Sync to sync between the Desire and Outlook but that meant that work and home only matched twice a day (I'm a busy man!)It is also introduces two calendars on the HTC when Google is also used. Now I have the HTC syncing using my wireless connections at both home and work (no issues at all- it connects perfectly and without my intervention) and then use Google's utility to sync Google calendar with Outlook. So Google calendar is used as a sync utility... Anything I put on the PC at work is already on the PC at home when I start it up. Incredible.

4) Networking. I paid for limitless data but have hardly used it. The HTC connects to wireless networks seamlessly. It remembers any network already authorised and simply starts using it when in range.

5) Apps. Bought home to me when I desperatly needed Costa in a strange town! Google maps took me straight there for my fix!

I have also used the radio and MP3 player. Good enough to ditch my Sony, I'm afraid! I run it on the 3 network (free upgrade) and have had no issues with signal strength in the North East.