Legoland, Windsor Review

Guest's review of Legoland, Windsor

“As the majority of reviewers have said on here, we too...”

Written on: 02/09/2010

As the majority of reviewers have said on here, we too felt this was a complete waste of money. Very long queues and the QBot which cost us £60 for the four of us was overpriced considering the rides available on it. We went on the 30th August so we thought it would be less busy than peak season but I don't think it was.

The rides are really designed for very young children so our 11 year old was bored for the most part. Regarding the wasp problem, it certainly wasn't as bad as other reviews have suggested, however I believe that Legoland have removed over 70 nests in all and apparently the end of july/beginning of August was extremely bad (not surprising considering the location really).

What really annoyed me was the fact that some of the other activities had to be paid for like the crazy golf and bungee trampoline etc. After paying the entry fee and the extra for the QBot, I wasn't about to pay for that too!!. We wont be visiting again and will not be recommending it to anybody else. We did visit Chessington the next day which was a slight improvement on Legoland but I will be detailing that in a separate review.

All in all, I would recommend Disneyland Paris as a viable and superior alternative as believe it or not, the costs aren't too much different once you weigh up the Hotel and travel costs.

• August 2010

Date of visit (month/year)

• Under 12