Fuji Finepix 4700 Review

• Image Quality

Nick Sullivan.'s review of Fuji Finepix 4700

“I bought my Fuji Finepix 4700 digital camera in...”

Written on: 14/03/2002 by Nick Sullivan. (1 review written)

Good point and shoot capabilities. Excellent colour rendition in daylight shots. Fast recovery and easy, fast download via USB. Lots of useful features.

Weak flash (can be boosted). Awkward handling. Small viewfinder with poorly placed ready light. Power hungry when screen is used. No cable release facility.

General Comments
I bought my Fuji Finepix 4700 digital camera in November 2000 and have taken hundreds of photos with it in all conditions. I also use a Canon AE1 SLR and a Kodak DC4800 in my business. The image quality of the 4700 is good for a digital camera but not up to SLR quality and the camera has (until now) performed perfectly. Like a previous reviewer the "western" button on the LCD panel has become a little "tired" and, more seriously, the camera has developed a "No card" error message for no apparent reason and refuses to function. A trip to a service centre is imminent. Up until now I have been more than happy with the results from and performance of the camera and would definitely recommend it.

• Image Quality

84353_Simon.'s Response to Nick Sullivan.'s Review

Written on: 29/03/2003

Mine (a Japanese model) also developed a CF card error, with every card I inserted. I bought it in early 2000, found the problem in 2002. Shame.

Garyf's Response to Nick Sullivan.'s Review

Written on: 01/02/2005

Hi,
<br> I got card errors on my finepix 4700 (64MB & 128MB Cards).
<br>I'd been using a USB2 card reader under XP SP2 to download images. Instead of just pulling the card out of the card reader, use the "eject" menu item, then remove the card. It cured all my problems!

149282_Georgesx's Response to Nick Sullivan.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2004

I bought my Finepix 4700 in Novmember 2000, and in February 2004, the power problem appeared and the camera is gone, I called a service center and was advised that it might cost a coupel hundred dollars to fix if it's circuit problem.
<br>
<br>Wondering Fuji film will take care of it or not.

Revieweddie's Response to Nick Sullivan.'s Review

Written on: 25/10/2003

I have had my 4700 for 15 months. Really pleased until I received the "NO CARD" error. Tried several cards to no avail. I don't know if it's worth taking to a service center or to just eat the loss. Would like to know what the diagnosis was on your camera. Happened alll of a sudden. Took 4 pics shut the camera off - turned it back on and "NO CARD" happened. Was reaching the 5K pic mark so reset the frame counter too. Tried air blowing it out no luch there either. Appreciate any assistance or what the cost was for repair. Thanks in advance.
<br>edward_carpenter@yahoo.com