Brighouse Bay, Kirkcudbright Review

Guest's review of Brighouse Bay, Kirkcudbright

“Stayed here for 2 nights with two toddlers. I thought...”

Written on: 24/07/2010

Stayed here for 2 nights with two toddlers. I thought that it was a lovely family friendly park with lots to do. There were a lot of people with animals but I didn't see any dog mess at all and with all the children it was surprisingly very peaceful - no early rises with children (or people) waking people up.

We camped at an electrical point which was next to the shop. The camp had a nearby beach, trail in a forest, stables, play parks, swimming pool, shop (which wasn't expensive,)bar/entertainment at night, ponds, mini golf and proper golf and other things which i didn't get the time to go to.

The only thing which let it down was the cleanliness of the toilets. We used the unisex block and I think they were superficially cleaned as they needed a good scrub and wipe down. The swimming pool as well needed to be mopped up more. There were brand new toilets there which I heard were much better but I didn't get to see it.

The resort also had lodges and caravans.