Clingo Universal hands-free mount www.clingo.com Review

Clingo Universal hands-free mount www.clingo.com
3.0
From 1 review

tsw004's review of Clingo Universal hands-free mount www.clingo.com

“Does not work with silicone cases. ”

written by tsw004 on 23/07/2010

Does not work with silicone cases.

The Clingo Universal hands-free mount attaches to your car windscreen and has a sticky pad so you can attach devices such as mobile phones and sat navs. I bought it so I could use my iPhone 4 as an in car sat nav. I needed a universal mount because I use a hard silicone case which precludes the use of a mount designed specifically for iPhone 4.

When I tested the Clingo on a short car journey my iPhone fell off the sticky pad several times. The product just did not work as described. To be fair the instruction manual does say that it isn't compatible with silicone or leather cases but this was not mentioned by the ebay seller who sold the device. I have returned the device for a refund. I did think that perhaps because my case was hard silicone rather than one of the soft rubber ones it might work but no such luck. Evidently the Clingo needs a hard flat glossy surface to get adequate grip on the device.

I think the Clingo is well designed and well constructed and would work well if you're not using a case but just aware that is DOES NOT work with a silicone or leather case.