Karcher K5.55M Review

Guest's review of Karcher K5.55M

“THE WASHER WAS EXCELLENT UNTIL IT BROKE AFTER...”

Written on: 20/07/2010

THE WASHER WAS EXCELLENT UNTIL IT BROKE AFTER APPROXIMATELY 25 HOURS NORMAL DOMESTIC USE (AND WAS OUT OF WARRANTY). KARCHER ACCEPTED NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER AND ITS APPROVED REPAIRER TOOK APPROXIMATELY 6 WEEKS TO GET IT REPAIRED (SUPPOSEDLY DUE TO THE DELAY IN RECEIVING A KARCHER SPARE PART. I WILL NOW NEITHER BUY OR RECOMMEND KARCHER PRESSURE WASHERS.

Ag St Albans's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2010

I found this review not helpful because the product is given 5 stars as an overall rating and only one star for value for money. Cannot see how it gets 5 stars if the contributor would not recommend Karcher Pressure Washers. Probably a typing error if not disregard the review as it is illogical.

Hugo Innell's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2010

I also bought a Karcher K5.55 ( Aug. 08 ) , which has developed the ' PULSING ' problem which seems to commonly occur , mine also has only had about 25 hours domestic use ! Annoyingly I took the word of the till assistant at Focus as gospel when they said it had a 1 year warranty and then was told today by Karcher U.K that it came with a two year warranty , if I had known this I would have done something about it nearly 1 year ago when it first started to play up !
<br/>The performance of the K5.55 is impressive but not necessarily a major improvement on my old basic &pound; 50 model ( handbag size & only 1400w ) which was also used many a time for work . What has been noticeable is how well some of the k5.55's attachments work , notably the T200 Patio cleaner , my little &pound;50 model would have loved to have been hooked up to it .
<br/>The repair people who Karcher have put me in contact with , seem to know these machines inside out and almost as importantly are very proud to work with this brand , that says something to me .
<br/>I'm not thrilled about having to spend up to &pound; 100 fixing mine , but after the sterling service my first one gave me , I am keeping faith with this brand ( for now ) . Maybe I've been unlucky this time round .
<br/>If the repairs last the test of time , hopefully longer than a mere 25 hours , then I see no reason why I would consider another brand of pressure washer .
<br/>What does baffle & annoy me in equal measures , is the ridiculously large range of pressure washers which they produce ! This seems unnecessarily confusing , blurs the line between their ' cutting edge ' products and older superseded models , in turn , dressing up in slightly different clothes what are essentially the same specification machines must add to their own costs , which in turn are passed onto the customer . Maybe they should take a note out of Henry T Ford's book .