Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner Review

Guest's review of Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner

“I own two ProHeat Pro-Tech Bissell 7920 series...”

Written on: 09/07/2010

I own two ProHeat Pro-Tech Bissell 7920 series machines, one in America and one in England and have found it to be very easy to use and very effective at shampooing carpets - even removing Ribena stains. Like many others, I have had the problem of no water or cleaner being sprayed - after cleaning the flow indicator filter, cleaning the machine to rid it of any grit or carpet fibres, I still couldn't get it to spray. I eventually found that a when I pulled the handle down to use the machine a small "trigger" behind the Belt Access Door had not "popped out" - this "trigger" gets pushed in when the handle is raised to upright position - once I assisted it to pop out I found that the machine worked again.

The one in England is the one that stopped spraying - It had over the years cleaned a five bed house 3 times and a 4 bed, three storey house twice before I had the problem of lack of spray.

The USA machine is 6 months "younger" and always worked well.

It is important to use the Bissell cleaner fluid - In USA I purchase it from Lowes and in England it can be purchased from Argos.

Having said all of this I have also hired a "Rug Doctor" in England - - I suggest rather than buying a high priced Bissell you will get much better results by renting a "Rug Doctor" instead.