Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

carternm31's review of Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)

“I am truly shocked at how short some of these reviews...”

Written on: 06/07/2010 by carternm31 (82 reviews written)

I am truly shocked at how short some of these reviews are nowadays. Doesn't really help you decide at all does it?

Well if your still undecided about purchasing this game then this is the review for you! To be fair, if you haven't already purchased this game, then I wonder where they have been keeping you locked up for the last year?

I was a massive fan of COD4 Modern Warfare but the game was quite short. Well don't get too excited because the game is unfortunately short on this one too. Probably took me just over 6 hours to complete. However they do have Spec ops which you can play 1 or 2 player afterwards which is just selected missions, part in the game, you have to complete within certain times.

But the graphics are just unbelievable, absolutely breath-taking, compared to a lot of other army games out, they are above the rest. I firmly believe this is one of the least complicated army games out, which is probably why it's so popular!

The on-line side of this game is once again excellent, lots of lovely new maps, wouldn't say any of them were as great as the COD4 maps, but there's a few that stand out... Burger town for one. They did integrate a few COD4 maps into this game a few months back, but they picked the most boring ones!

I honestly cant say MW2 held my attention as much as MW did, I stopped playing on-line about 5 months into it. The prestiges are good and so are the new killstreak rewards, but I just found a lot of the maps no-one likes kept coming up over and over again. To be fair I only play Hardcore Team Death match so I cant really comment on all the other, more tactical games. But on the occasion I've tried one or two, like sabotage, they seem to be full of idiots who team kill or are just generally abusive (doesn't help being a women!)

One thing I wish they had kept from COD5 was if some idiot on your team killed you 3 times they were immediately kicked out of the game. This was an excellent idea and its a shame COD4 didn't steal that idea and put it in their game.

Anyhow now we all get to look forward to Treyarch's turn of COD: Black Op's. I just hope its not as rubbish as World at War was!!!

• Graphics