britishonlinesupermarket.com www.britishonlinesupermarket.com Review

Expat shopper's review of britishonlinesupermarket.com www.britishonlinesupermarket.com

“Britishonlinesupermarket objected to my previous...”

Written on: 05/07/2010 by Expat shopper (1 review written)

Britishonlinesupermarket objected to my previous review asking me to prove that I suffered disgraceful service. I sent all the documents to the review centre to prove that this company is a disgrace and they have allowed me to include all the correspondence and dates. Here ' s what happened and I ' m sure after reading this you will think twice about dealing with this company. I have tried contacting those higher up but no one replies. They simply stopped responding. It has been a year now since I put in the order and I never got a response to why I was charged or any kind of apology from the company. I ended up paying over 200 pounds for a small parcel worth less that 80. I have replaced my name with M and his with A.

14/04/2010

Hello

I placed an order (Order Number: MM600120172524) to China on 7th April. I was wondering how long packages normally take to get here (DHL express worldwide) and whether there are any charges at customs that you are aware of. Thank you for your time.

15/04/2010

Dear M

Thank you for your email. Your order has left us today and will normally take around five working days to arrive. You will be sent a tracking number by email so you can check on it's progress. Very occasionally a parcel will get stopped and charged an import duty when entering China, but this is quite rare and normally only applies to orders of higher value than yours. So I am confident that there will be no charge and if it is stopped the charge will be very small. If you have any more questions then please feel free to email me again.

23/04/2010

Hello A

The order arrived today and we have experienced some problems:
1. There was an unsupported invoice from DHL with no supporting documents for a sum of 389RMB. They say it was for border tax but have nothing from the border to give me to support this except for a list of payments that anyone could have printed off.
2. The TESCOs Finest 240 tea bags were missing from the package. They refused to issue a confirmation and have taken the entire package away. Is this normal practice?

Thanks

28/04/2010

I am still waiting for my parcel. Could you please reply to let me know you are on the case? DHL have informed me that they are unable to get in touch with you.

29/04/2010

Dear A (do you have a surname?)

DHL have phoned me again to say they are unable to contact your company. I have given them this email address. I first emailed you last Friday. Do you actually go in to work at all? I would very much like to get my parcel. I paid extra for fast delivery and it is still with DHL and still missing items. I also still have to pay half the value of the purchase again as tax. You said it was rare and a really small amount. I don't consider 50% to be a small amount. I am getting very frustrated here. I think you need to consider your customer service procedures. I understand I am just a number to you but it is just not on to expect me to have to deal with all this on your behalf.

I hope I receive a swift response to this email. I really hope I do not have to take this to a higher level.

29/04/2010

Dear M

I have check you emails and the only one I have concerning this DHL issue is dated 28th. I contacted DHL to find out what the problem is and someone from DHL UK is trying to find out for me. We have had no contact from anyone at DHL regarding your order. I'm very am surprised at 50% charge, but I will need some more information to be able to investigate. Please send me the contact details of the person that you have been dealing with at DHL and I will contact them directly.

A (plus surname)

The order arrived today and we have experienced some problems:

Thanks

30/04/2010

A

I forwarded you the email from 23rd earlier. It is below. With respect it is hard to believe that you have received all my emails except that one and received none of the voicemails from DHL. They claim to have been trying to contact you for days. I asked them to just deliver the package and paid 389 yuan plus 11 yuan for their receipt???! So I have now paid an extra 400 yuan (38 pounds) in border tax and DHL receipts for a parcel which is only worth 90 pounds. The TESCO teabags as I said are missing. I hope this is cleared up as soon as possible as I'm sure you realise I am fed up with it.

30/04/2010

I have been dealing with Miss Wu - +86 (0)20 2839 2429

05/05/2010

Can you confirm that you received the 3 emails I sent you?
First I forwarded you the email you claim not to have received.
Second I Explained that I received the package and had to pay the charge.

Third I gave you Miss Wu's number.

05/05.2010

Dear M

I have got all 3 emails thank you. I have tried contacting Miss Wu without any success. DHL UK is also trying to find out why your package was stopped and charged. I will keep trying to get hold of Miss Wu or someone that she works with. As soon as I have any news, I will let you know.

A

DHL China in Guangzhou phoned me again. They say that they have emailed and phoned you but they are unable to contact you. They also say that DHL UK have been unable to contact you.

Dear M

We have received no emails from DHL and I speak to DHL UK nearly every day. Please forward me the names of the people within DHL that are making these claim.

06/05/2010

I already have. Miss Wu +86 (0)20 28392429. Bear in mind you also claimed not to have received my email too. That would be the first time ever an email from the hotmail server hasn ' t got through.

10/05/2010

A

Can you let me know what you are doing about my tea? This is ridiculous. I would like to know that it is on its way. I put this order in over a month ago. I appreciate you are awaiting news about why I was charged so much at the border but my package also arrived incomplete. May I remind you I have paid over 200 pounds for a delivery minus tea now worth less than 80. Frankly I am beyond caring about who in DHL is accusing you of what. I just want some answers, my order and some kind of compensation for all this.

11/05/2010

Dear M,

I still have had no luck getting any information from DHL. According to our records the tea bags were sent with your order, but until I get the information I need from DHL, it's very difficult to establish if they were removed in transit or if the mistake was ours. At the moment I feel it is too high a risk to send the missing tea bags again in case they get removed or incur more charges. I will arrange for your card to be refunded for them and as soon as I have any more information, I will let you know.

02/06/2010

A

This is taking rather a long time. Would you like me to phone China DHL for you? I have the same number I forwarded to you and they seem to answer the phone fine. Also I am intrigued as to why you only refunded the cost of the teabags and not the postage? It has been 3 weeks since your last email. I am intrigued as to why you can't seem to sort this out! DHL is a worldwide company and you claim to deliver to China everyday. Surely it can't be that hard???! I expect a prompt response from here on:

Why I have not been fully refunded

Why I was charged 50% tax

Why I was charged for a receipt

I am looking into ways to take this further now as it is just ridiculous.

20/06/2010

Can you confirm you received my last email? I am still waiting to hear from you. Note your last email informing me that you would 'let me know' was over a month ago.

01/07/2010

Dear A

Is there any reason why you are not replying to my emails? I am keeping records of all correspondence (or lack of) and I will report you and your company. If I do not have a reply and justification of the following within one week I will take further action:

Why I was charged 50% of the value of the package as tax.

Why I was charged for a receipt.

Why I have not been fully refunded for the teabags.

You simply can't treat people like this. It is wrong. I am returning to the UK in one week and will follow this up properly then.

03/07/2010

Dear M

As per my previous email I am still waiting for a response from DHL and as yet have no news. All I can expect back from them is a reason why you were charged 50% in import tax. When you placed your order with us you confirmed that you had read and agreed to the terms of our website and by doing so you accepted liability for any customs charges and import duty charged. I am unaware of any receipt that you have been charged for and you will need to send me the details for me to be able to provide any more information on this. I have checked with our accounts and your card was refunded for the missing tea bags on the 11th May 2010. As soon as I have any more information from DHL I will let you know.

• groceries, 80

• Still waiting

Britishonlinesupermarket's Response to Expat shopper's Review

Written on: 04/09/2012

This is a spam review and completely fictitious. The Review Center have been informed.

Expat Shopper's Response to Expat shopper's Review

Written on: 14/09/2012

As I said before... This is the repost. The review centre have copies of all the original emails as they asked me to prove they were legitimate. I'm sorry you don't believe me but I assure you it is a simple cut and paste. I understand from the review centre that you have asked for my contact details and I have agreed to them supplying them to you. Would you like me to resend all the emails to you?

Britishonlinesupermarket's Response to Expat shopper's Review

Written on: 05/09/2012

We don't see any evidence of you "cut & paste" and believe these emails to be completely false. We respond to all emails within 48 hours. If what your saying is true, then it would seem that the route of your problem would be with the courier and you not wanting to pay import duty. This is always going to be the responsibility of you as the importer and not the company you purchase from. This applies to every business the world over. So why even go to the trouble of writing a bad review of the supplier that you buy the goods from in the first place?

Expat Shopper's Response to Expat shopper's Review

Written on: 05/09/2012

It's amusing that you call my cut and paste of our emails spam! Why don't you try responding to my emails and sorting the problem? As you know you objected to my last review as it contained names so this is the repost - cleared by the review centre. What exactly is fictitious? If the review centre will allow I will happily post it with full names and email addresses. I still have all emails on file.