Natwest Travel Insurance Review

Guest's review of Natwest Travel Insurance

“Ok so While on Holiday in Thailand i flipped a kart....”

Written on: 30/06/2010

Ok so While on Holiday in Thailand i flipped a kart. Punctured Lung, broken ribs, cracked my 4th and 6th vertibrae and a broken clavical (shoulder).

I have an annual policy with Natwest as part of being an Advantage Gold customer. Once arrived a local A&E my dad transferred me to Bumrungrad hospital as we knew this was a better hospital. My dad paid all the transfer costs up front.

Once he called Natwest insurance they arranged for him to recover his costs within 48hrs!

Then while in hospital (despite being involved in a racing crash from a holiday activity). They coverered ALL my costs with an exception of a £200 excess.

This was 3 days in intensive care

2 weeks on a hospital ward

4 weeks as an outpatient

4 weeks hotel costs in a luxury apartment in Bangkok

Air ambulance flight home on a lear jet

all medication, consultancy fees

xrays, body scans and all physio

Total costs $70,000 of which 50 thousand of this was to cover the cost of my private flight and repatriation home.

Put simply this travel insurance for me is the best and I will never cancel this policy as long as it keeps up this cover of costs and standard of care.

Only reason I did not give 5 stars is that I had an issue not being able to get a flight home due to delays and they cancelled my partner travelling to see me and look after me when she was on the way to airport. However on balance of things I really cant complain!

• 06/10

Date of Insurance (month/year)

• Annual insurance

Type of Insurance

• Successful

Was your claim successful?

• Fairly