Comfort Car Sales Nuneaton Review

• Customer service

vjohn82's review of Comfort Car Sales Nuneaton

“I purchased a car in Feb 2009 which developed a number...”

Written on: 26/06/2010 by vjohn82 (3 reviews written)

I purchased a car in Feb 2009 which developed a number of faults within the first 2 weeks. To be fair to the company they fixed these repairs free of charge as I argued the vehicle should not have been sold in that particular condition.

Over the course of 7 months of owning the vehicle pretty much everything went wrong with it; from brakes to shocks to CV joints to coil packs (twice) to a leaky gearbox and then driveshafts... lots more besides.

I know all of these things are classed as wear and tear but within a few months? Perhaps I was unlucky I said to myself... so I asked him to exchange the car for another one on his forecourt... no problem. So I picked another car which I was promised would be reliable... it also cost considerably more.

Car was great for about a week. Then it developed clutch problems, braking issues (which were classed as dangerous by an independent mechanic) and the coil pack. Again they fixed them but charged me this time... guess what happened? They fixed them... but the SAME things happened AGAIN!!!

Took the car back... having over 9 months of misery, spending a fortune and having the vehicles in the garage more often than driving I got a full refund under the Sales of Goods Act.

I suppose I was unlucky... so why am I posting this now some 4 months after my last dealings with them? Well, my brother in law purchased a car from them over a month ago and it went back and forth to the garage in the first week 3 times... and he has just spent £400 on it this weekend.

I would say avoid at all costs but this wouldn't be strong enough... the place should be closed down because the vehicles are poorly maintained in a slap dash manner and they only seem to be successful because they will negotiate stupidly low prices on their cars (forget the on screen price... it means nothing... I knocked off £350 off the on screen price just by asking... no guesses for why it was so easy to do that!)

The customer service itself is ok because they did repair certain elements at no cost... but the inconvenience was too much to bear (in one month I had the vehicle home, and running regularly, for 9 days... 9 DAYS!!!)

• Customer service