Potterton Gold 28 HE Review

Guest's review of Potterton Gold 28 HE

“Owned this boiler now for almost 4 years. I bought...”

Written on: 04/06/2010

Owned this boiler now for almost 4 years. I bought this boiler because it came with a three year warranty, had a good A rating and was a Which? magazine recommendation. It is slightly noisier than boilers at other houses which I have lived in. In the past 4 years it has had about 5 breakdowns. The last one being major in that the inlet valve mecanism for mains water burst (made of cast brass) and it was like niagra falls coming out of the boiler. Luckily my boiler is in the garage so not too much damage to property. That coupled with E1 33 error messages requiring boiler resets every now and again, its annoying. Gas valve also just been replaced. I bought it for 'Rolls Royce' type quality/reliability. Would I buy another Potterton? No. It has not lived up to the hype. Like me I would suggest a service plan with Baxi HeatTeam after warranty expiry. IT WILL BE WORTH IT!