Glastonbudget Review

• Atmosphere

• Quality Of Acts

The Piano Has Been Drinking's review of Glastonbudget

“Good points: ”

Written on: 01/06/2010 by The Piano Has Been Drinking (1 review written)

Good points:

The bands, in general, were really good. Even some that I don't like particularly, like Coldplay, were well 'tributed', and sounded good live anyway. Loved 'One Step Behind', 'Green Date', and 'Four Fighters' particularly. The crowd were friendly, the mad costumes were good, and I never thought I'd see a mosh-pit start to develop at a Dire Straits tribute! When the sun came out on Sunday it was a great place to be. The food we tried was well-priced and tasty. The price for the whole event lived up to the 'budget' name, given that so many festivals are giant rip-off machines these days.

Bad points:

What was that stupid token system for beer all about? We invented this value token called 'money' a few thousand years ago, but you thought you'd improve on it? Don't you trust your staff to handle money or something? Was it supposed to reduce queuing By making people queue up twice? Why not make the beer a round price (keeping the coin change factor to a minimum) and have done with it?

Campsite was OK, but where are the water points? Why are you not allowing people to make a cup of tea in the morning? I heard of people having camp-stoves taken off them, presumably because we're not to be trusted with naked flames. But then you allow people to be sold barbeques?

Another reviewer mentioned thefts from tents, which thankfully didn't happen to us, and which I didn't hear about until now. Someone else mentioned providing a 'quieter' camping area: Very good idea. I'm forty years old, and spend a lot of weekends at motorbike rallies, which have hardly the quietest or most sober of campsites, but they're a haven of peace compared with crowds of drunken fools (like some of our neighbours) shouting all night! The only thing that stopped me inserting a tent pole in them was the sneaking knowledge that I had probably been just as much of a noisy b*stard twenty years ago! Karma's a hard mistress sometimes, ain't it! I just hope it someday catches up with the idiots who sprinkled the car park field with empty glass bottles- you do realise that car tyres and broken glass are a bad thing, right? And that it's farm livestock land, too? We did our bit by taking home some other people's bottles before going home anyway.

Conclusion:

Good points probably outweigh the bad, so we'll consider giving it another go next year.

• 2010

Last Time At Festival

• Good

Headline Bands

• Camping Facilities

• Food / Drink

• Amenities

• Atmosphere

• Quality Of Acts