Capital One Savings Account Review

☆☆☆☆☆

Guest's review of Capital One Savings Account

“I had opened a savings account with this bank once and...”

Written on: 29/05/2010

I had opened a savings account with this bank once and never again. They put a block on my account for no reason and so I could not get the money out of the account.

When I called their bank, they said that my account was blocked but they could not tell me why and put the phone down on me as they said they do not speak with customers whose accounts have been blocked.

It was very worrying as I could not go to their branch to see a manager (as they don't have one!) and I could not speak to anyone at their office as they just put the phone down on me. In the meantime they had all my savings! It was like daylight robbery.

I found their company registered address and wrote to that threatening to report them to the FSA for stealing my money.

A manager eventually called me and apologised for blocking my account in error but he did not apologise for his staff putting the phone down on me as he said that was their company policy. HUH???

I got my money back after about 3 weeks of worry and frustration. Do not put your money into this bank unless you don't mind being robbed.

• Easy Access