Lazer Paname Flip Front helmet Review

• Protection

• Quality

loonymoon76's review of Lazer Paname Flip Front helmet

“”

Written on: 26/05/2010 by loonymoon76 (6 reviews written)

The Lazer Paname is a full-face style, flip front helmet with many top-spec features.

It benefits from a tab-ratchet style buckle has which I find is excellent as it is easy to use but allows for adjustment of the tightness of fit each time you use it. It has a proper pinlock inner visor with beaded edge. The sunshade has a slider that's easy to use and it gets four stars in the Sharp safety tests. It's a high spec helmet certainly excellent value for money as they are available for around £150 or less.

The flip front works ok and clicks into place easily, though I sometimes find the button which is positioned on the inside of the chin piece a little fiddly to press when opening it, might just be a case of getting used to it though.

Although it's not that light weight at around 1850g, I find it very comfortable and it's also a lot quieter than any helmet I've had in along time. I've worn it for a 191 mile rideout in 22-30 degree temperatures with no issues. The quietness is astounding given the price and that it's flip helmet. No rattles or whistling noises like I got from my Nolan flip and Caberg V2 vibe full face and Caberg trip. I love it, it's the best helmet I've had in a LONG time.

I opted for the fluorescent yellow colour option (visibility)and well... I expected it to be bright but I was rather shocked at just HOW bright it is. Think brand new police yellow hi-vis jacket and it's the same colour as that. Bright, FRY YOUR EYEBALLS yellow. Definitely gets me noticed especially when filtering as the helmet is very visible above the car roofs.

They do do rather more subdued colours (as well as a fluorescent orange-red hi vis) so I may well think about getting another at some stage.

Excellent buy, I'm very pleased with it.

• Comfort