Saab 9-5 3.0 V6 TiD Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Saab 9-5 3.0 V6 TiD

“Saab 9-5 Vector Sport 3.0 TiD. ”

Written on: 23/05/2010

Saab 9-5 Vector Sport 3.0 TiD.

The WORST car I have ever had the misfortune to own. What is so sad is it had the potential as a great car but reliability has been worse than a chocolate frying pan.

EVERYTHING has gone wrong with the car despite intense dealer and specialist service; rear brake discs warping, front pads disintegrating, handbrake cable coming off, engine mounts continually failing, mystery engine noises with repeat (3 in 1000 miles) oil, fuel, air filter changes to try to find plus sump removal - still clueless. Subframe bushes, catalyst, egr valve, turbo compressor wheel shatter, fuel pump, headlights, rear wiper and washer, alloy wheel distortion, front suspension noises, interior falling apart, climate control, heated seat failure, elec seat position fault, centre armrest wobble, gear lever shake, gearbox mountings.

I am a time served combustion engineer, not a clueless inpractical and careless car driver!

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CARS! You have been warned!

• 2004

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2011

I have had a saab v6 3.0 litre turbo for 9 years without any of these problems.in fact its the best car we have ever had,including 3 other saab's but these were petrol!
We have had tyres,brake disc's&pad's etc but still have the original exhaust!.The only problem we had with the handbrake was a return spring went missing!

Dave.p.48's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2013

Ive had my 3.0 TID for 5 years now, and my son has just taken it over, it had 83,000 miles on the clock when I bought it, and now reads 192,000, its been the best car ive owned, and ive owned some good quality cars, its been trouble free driving, didn't fit new clutch until 185,000, I will say this car is a motorway car, the engine just loves them, I do 60 miles a day for work, this car doesn't owe me a penny, I now have a 1.9 tuned of course, goes well, but not the same