Everbank Internet Banking www.everbank.com Review

Guest's review of Everbank Internet Banking www.everbank.com

“Everbank.com is the worst online bank that I have ever...”

Written on: 19/05/2010

Everbank.com is the worst online bank that I have ever used. I should have known when I first opened my account and they wanted me to mail a paper check (they don't allow electronic transfers to open new accounts like most other banks). Their online website is TERRIBLE (error messages, unable to add external accounts, etc) and their Customer Service reps get very defensive if you offer feedback. On top of all this, external money transfers with Everbank average 5-7 business days when most banks can send and receive electronic funds within 3 business days. Everbank holds your money for as long as they can and I felt many times that it was almost as if my money was being held hostage by them. When I called to close my account, the Customer Service Reps again got very defensive with me, and then proceeded to tell me that it would take 3-5 days to close my account, and then another 10 business days to SNAIL MAIL a check to me for my account balance. Even after closing the account, Everbank is still not capable of electronically sending me money- again stalling my account balance refund for WEEKS while they 'process' my cancellation request and manually cut me a paper check. Out of the 3 months I was with them, there will be a total of 30 days where my money did not even collect interest and was in 'limbo' due to Everbank dragging their feet and making it as difficult as possible to send and receive money to my account. I would stay away from Everbank at all costs unless you like not having easy access to the money you deposit with them.

• 0 - 6 Months