Olympus OM1n Review

• Photograph Quality

Guest's review of Olympus OM1n

“I have had my OM1 for 30 years and despite ownership...”

Written on: 19/05/2010

I have had my OM1 for 30 years and despite ownership of Canon DSLRs and Leica M6's it is still my favourite camera. The machine has not been abused but has been used hard and it has never once failed or let me down. Digital photographers will hate it because there are few controls and you have to think like a photographer to get your pictures - consequently you may end up taking fewer shots but they will be of far better quality. In my opinion the build quality of the OM1 is far better than the venerable Nikon FM models, especially the FM2n which is positively tinny in comparison. The prime Zuiko lenses are quite superb although some of the zooms (made by a third party manufacturer under licence) leave something to be desired. Good bodies and excellent lenses are still available at sensible prices and there are still a number of service centres and repairers in the UK with an abundance of knowledge and spare parts.

• Over 1 Year