Funny People Review

From 1 review

timmytank's review of Funny People

“I have seen lots of the other films by the Judd Apatow...”

Written on: 17/05/2010 by timmytank (80 reviews written)

I have seen lots of the other films by the Judd Apatow cohort and have largely enjoyed them. I really liked the look of the cast for this film and it was sold as a comedy, which went along with my preconceptions and the title of the movie.

There is no doubt that in places it was very funny but it wasn't an outright comedy as there were some difficult issues raised. Maybe this was a factor in the final cuts beign over 2hours and 20mins, which for me was a bit too long.

Sandler and Rogan were good though very much the characters they normally play. And the back up cast were also excellent with the exception of Leslie Mann, the love interest for Sandler and the directors real wife. She was very annoying especially with her aussie/English accent nearing the end of the film.

I have given this 4 stars as I did really enjoy it, it just wasn't the comedy that I expected it would be.

• Adam Sandler, Seth Rogan

Starring Actor/Actress

• DVD

Where Did You See It?

Pinnacle96's Response to timmytank's Review

Written on: 17/02/2011

I found this review very helpful because... no finer discription, I went to see this film at the cinema, ended up walking out half way through, I think there were only 3 funny scenes throughout the whole film.