Tristar Standard Trumpet Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

JustKnowz's review of Tristar Standard Trumpet

“Well... I myself am an intermediate bass player who's...”

Written on: 15/05/2010 by JustKnowz (1 review written)

Well... I myself am an intermediate bass player who's always been fascinated with the trumpet (I'm a big Lee Morgan fan, Miles Davis is the man, but Lee made me want to play trumpet!) I'm about 35 years of age and I didnt want to invest too much money. I just wanted to see if there was some kind of chemistry between a trumpet and myself or if it was just a "fever" that would soon pass. Well, as for the Tristar 7C Trumpet-- I paid cheap, and I guess I got cheap... but I was expecting that. I bought it on eBay. I have sound coming out of the trumpet, but the valves are somewhat "weird"- not easy to manipulate sound and hit the notes... but I'm learning on my own so I guess thats part of the process. I believe I got my money's worth which is why I gave it 4 stars for value for my money. But I do agree that beginners should not be denied the opportunity to play this wonderful instrument due to lack of funds. Of course, I do agree that with time, a much better trumpet must be acquired. I'm still enthusiastic about playing so I guess it's not a fever! Let's look at the bright side: once you can get sound and play out of this crappy trumpet, you'll knock the socks out of anybody when you upgrade! :)

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Beginner

Reviewer's Musical Standard