Hollister Review

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Hollister

“The first time I went into Hollister I was mesmerized...”

Written on: 11/05/2010

The first time I went into Hollister I was mesmerized - they really put everything into the shopping experience: the interior/exterior, layout, plants, seating, TVs...! And the clothes? Oh, the clothes!

But it's just what they stand for that gets me. They will only employ young, slim, typically attractive people and stand for stereotyped, high-status 'cool'. So, I find the shop to be quite shallow, and it also has a conceited or arrogant air about it - it knows it's 'the best'! It's quite sad that they don't uphold the laid back, chilled vibe you get from the surfer themes.

Also, a bit pricey. Although I have nothing to complain about the clothing quality, I'm sure I'm one of many for whom their budget simply cannot stretch as hollister-far as we would like!

But finally and that aside, I like that the variety of their clothes are pretty much unique to them anywhere outside the US! In the UK we simply dont have much of this beach style that I love.

• jeans, hoodie, top