Citroen C3 1.4 SX Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Citroen C3 1.4 SX

“I am at my wits end! Dec 2009 Citroen C3 stalling AA...”

Written on: 03/05/2010

I am at my wits end! Dec 2009 Citroen C3 stalling AA thought it may be the coil but this didnt cure the problem.Taken to local garage who said it was the coil....but after replacing problem not solved, now i needed to have a new ECU! UNABLE TO AFFORD 700 POUNDS! Had ecu reformatted (£175)...still problem not solved COST (£285) Dispute with garage on going! Taken to Citroen main dealer who changed fuel injector 150 pounds..problem solved. No! last week stalling and juddering so called out AA who replaced the coil! 73 pounds. The next day the engine light came on....taken to Citroen who replaced coil with a Citroen one £180! Next day light came on again so its going back to Citroen again....but whats next and how much is it going to cost! Watch Dog I think

• 2003

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2011

Had similar issues my my 55 plate Citroen C3 SX. Shuddering, loss of power when pulling away and then what felt like a fuel injection so I shot forward. Only had the car 2 days and then engine management light came on. Solution is to have the Lambda sensor replaced. Costs around £200 but solved the issue. Has to be a certified Citroen part though as patented parts do no work. Apparently the garage replaced my sensor with a patented part only 3 months prior to my buying it. Five months on after replacing it with a certified part, sensor still ok and car runs like a dream.