Carnival Cruises, Triumph, Western Caribbean Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Annie Duffy's review of Carnival Cruises, Triumph, Western Caribbean

“My wife and i took our first cruise together to...”

Written on: 19/04/2010 by Annie Duffy (1 review written)

My wife and i took our first cruise together to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary in February this year. I must stress i can not fault Carnival Cruises, the ship the food the excursions all surpassed my expectations the only fly in the ointment was Tanzanite/Diamond international.We were informed at the information session on board prior to arriving in St Thomas that the jewellery was tax free and worth an estimated 60% more when valued at home, but to bargain with them to get the price down. I ended up with a 65% reduction on the original asking price of $10000.00usd, for a tanzanite and diamond ring i purchased ffor my wife, when valued at home was told it was worth only £150.00 pounds more than i paid, didn't even cover the cost of the valuation. BE WARNED DIAMOND INTERNATIONAL/ TANZANITE INTERNATIONAL ARE TO BE AVOIDED. KEEP YOUR HARD EARNED CASH IN YOUR POCKET. CARNIVAL CRUISES I CAN NOT STRESS WHAT A FABULOUS TIME WE HAD AND WILL SAIL WITH YOU AGAIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I just feel people have to be made aware. I was offered $250.00 dollars compensation to stop me coming on review sites and telling my story, as you are reading this review it is obvious i did not accept.

• February 2010

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Uniquewoman304's Response to Annie Duffy's Review

Written on: 11/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because... it lets me knkow not to shop at that business I wonder how long have they been ripping people off that is a shame and I think the cruise lines shouldn't recommend their coustomers to shop there. In fact they should worn them!!!!!!