Twycross Zoo, Atherstone Twycross Zoo Review

Guest's review of Twycross Zoo, Atherstone Twycross Zoo

“It cost £35 for 3 of us to get in... Fair enough. We...”

Written on: 16/04/2010

It cost £35 for 3 of us to get in... Fair enough. We got in and saw some monkeys, then some monkeys, then some more monkeys. Walked round the corner saw more monkeys and a pigeon.. But that flew off. More monkeys round the next corner then a camel and some monkeys. Think you know where I'm going here.

No tigers, leopards, lions, rhinos, tropical fish ... Very very disappinted. The place is very poorly sign posted to where things are, but I've just realised that's because there is nothing.

There wasn't even any signs in it saying there were no lions tigers etc...oh yes there was Inside the zoo after i paid £35...top banana!!!!

Pony!!!! Don't bother

This place isn't a zoo it's a monkey sanctuary. Go to whipsnade or Colchester, loads better!!!!!!!

• 10th July 2010

Date of visit (month/year)

• Under 5

Ages suited for

Marcus17A's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because...it is absolutely correct. The monkeys were great, and I enjoyed looking at the chimps inside..and the babies. But, no atmosphere, no signs, and not the animals I expected. A zoo without a lion isnt a proper zoo. However, all the animals we saw were very healthy so that was good. Next time we visit a zoo it will be worth the extra hour and a half travel time to go to Colchester.