Jessops Review

1.5
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Jessops

“Do not trust their delivery times if ordering online ”

written by on 10/04/2010

Do not trust their delivery times if ordering online

I ordered Nikon D700, a lens and a spare battery. The items were (claimed to be) in stock and guaranteed as next day delivery with DHL for as long as ordered before 5pm.

The items were despatched late in the afternoon the day after I placed the order (I could follow this via Jessop's and DHL's tracking orders) and they did not arrive the next day. I called DHL to complain, they said they never guarantee next day deliveries and that the customer (i.e. Jessops) would have known this. Jessops promises on their web page deliveries until 9pm, up to 3 re-deliveries within the next 48 hours, and Saturday delivery. DHL told me they do none of these, and that Jessops would have known this when they send the parcel. It took me five days (not a day) to get this camera.

It seems that the delivery times and packages Jessops is advertising on their web site are completely incorrect. Had I known this I would have ordered from somewhere else (e.g. see Park Cameras).

I put feedback to Jessops but have not heard anything back. For over £2000 order I would have expected better than this. I would not use them again.

• £2050