UK Gaming Computers www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk Review

martinr's review of UK Gaming Computers www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk

“I normally buy my PCs pre built rather than building...”

Written on: 06/04/2010 by martinr (1 review written)

I normally buy my PCs pre built rather than building them myself simply because I do not have the time, even though I am in the trade and could probably do it myself.

I toyed with the idea of building it myself for some time and then I found these guys. By the time I had totalled everything up they were coming in at the same price as me buying just the bits on their own! From then on it was a no brainer.

This purchase is now my 3rd pre built custom pc so I would hope to think I know what im talking about. I couldn't find many reviews about them so decided to give them a call and ask a few questions/test their knowledge. Upon calling I was surprised to find that the phone goes straight through to one of the system builders rather than some sales bod or automated service. I spent a good 10 minutes on the phone to the guy who was extremely knowledgeable (knew alot more than me), friendly and basically set my mind at ease with ordering from a relatively unheard of company.

5 minutes later I had ordered my nice new PC via the very easy to use website and had a confirmation email in my inbox! Within 20 minutes I had another email from the Engineer I had spoken to on the phone to say thanks for the order, everything is good to go and that as he had spoken to me he would manage the build. You just don't get this kind of service anywhere!

The next week was hell for me! I was like a kid at Christmas wanting to open my presents! I could not wait to get my PC. Thankfully I only had to wait 5 days even though I ordered a standard build time of up to 10 working days. My other custom pcs I have ordered both took over two weeks each, so was pleasantly surprised.

Nearly everyday I had an automated email informing me what stage my computer build was at which was nice and the morning before delivery I received a phone call from that very engineer I spoke to nearly a week ago informing me my PC was built, tested and ready for delivery and when would I like it. Naturally I said ASAP!!!!! I was also told my graphics card had been upgraded to the model up at no extra charge! Winner lol!

After a couple of emails informing my PC had been shipped along with the tracking details my computer turned up as promised. Packaging was spot on, loads of those polystyrene wotsits things and airbags was keeping my computer protected with fragile tape plastered all over the outside.

Being picky I checked everything over and sure enough everything was as promised. It was dead fast, surprisingly quiet considering the spec and had everything installed ready to go. Through the window I could see how neat it was inside, top marks! I have had the PC a good few weeks now and cannot fault it.

I wish I could comment in their support (Hopefully I wont have to!) but with the way I have been treated throughout the whole process I have every confidence in them. I cant recommend these guys enough.

• PC, £1100