P&O, Oceana Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of P&O, Oceana

“Outbreak of sickness on board. I am convinced that a...”

Written on: 03/04/2010

Outbreak of sickness on board. I am convinced that a bug was picked up on first night aboard following 9 hour flight. Always a scrabble for tables at buffet and usually not even wiped from last user. I developed sickness within 24 hours and following a request from captain to report illness a doctor called to cabin door after 8 hours handed out a medical questionnaire and i was later charged £40 for this unsolicited call. Told to stay in cabin for 2 days. Later wife became ill and Doctor charged her £50. All in all we spent 5 days in solitary confinement missing ports of call that we came for. P & O said cause was norovirus but I believe this is whitewash to avoid foodpoisoning claims. No medical examinations were made so diagnosis was just P & O guesswork.Ship closed the buffet for 5 days!!! I am trying to claim compensation.

• March 19th. 2010

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Michellegeater's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2010

hi my parents were on the same cruise and my mum was ill on the 2nd day and missed 3 of the carrabean islands, they confined her and my dad for 5 days even though my mum wqas only ill for 2 days and my dad wasnt ill at all, they have given them a load of flannel saying it was norovirus but it was definatly food poisoning as my mum ate in that resturant the day befor. they are also trying to claim compensation but p&o dont want to know, they are a disgrace and dont care about peoples ruined holidays, they have told my mum they treat all gastric problems the same even though food poisoning is their error, my parents paid a fortune for that cruise to celebrate there anniversary and they never did get to celebrate it, maybe more people need to get together so p&o will have to do something.