Nikon D700 Review

Robert Malcolm's review of Nikon D700

“People seeing me pull out the Nikon D700 often comment...”

Written on: 23/03/2010 by Robert Malcolm (1 review written)

People seeing me pull out the Nikon D700 often comment that it's a big camera. It is, but it's dwarfed by my F5. The best thing about this camera is the sensor, as far as I'm concerned. So far I've used it in low light, bright light, room light and it just performs. I'm using a lot less film as a result. The basic settings are similar to my F5, and then we get to the menus. At first, I kept losing things in the sub-menu system, but after some practice it becomes easier. A lot of 2-button operations, as with most Nikons. The only thing that I don't like is that it can be switched on accidentally if in a loose bag, which happened a lot on my old Fuji (but the Nikon switch has a stiffer action). It doesn't have video capability, but that's okay for purists. With an 80-200 f2.8 it weighs in at 3 kg, so consider weight if you're thinking of buying.