Mozilla FireFox Review

• Ease of Set Up

Guest's review of Mozilla FireFox

“I was getting so fed-up with IE8 hanging up, virus...”

Written on: 12/03/2010

I was getting so fed-up with IE8 hanging up, virus attack attempts and so on that I decided to try Mozilla Firefox 3.6. At first I was quite happy with it, but the more I use it the more I get frustrated with it. Part of Firefox's big selling point is that it's significantly faster than other browsers. Well I've have now tried IE8, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari against each other and cannot say that I've noticed any significant difference between any of them. There are so many links, websites etc that are not compatible with Firefox it's unbelievable.

All the time you keep on getting pestered to downlaod "Add-ons" in order for these applications/web pages to work. You install official add-ons via Firefox website and when you come to install and run them you get a message saying that either that add-on is not compatible with V3.6 or it has been disabled because Mozilla deems that one of it's own add-ons (and not a third party mind you) is unsafe to use.

I haven't changed any settings, but suddenly and for some unkown reason (and I'm quite an experienced web and computer users) won't show frames on my Yahoo Home Page.

Opera doen't have phishing protection and can't be used with Norton so that's out. Safari's interface is just a waste of time and not very user friendly. So that leaves Google Chrome & IE8 to choose from. Google Chome is okay but nothing special. At least you know where you are with IE8 and so I'm going back to the devil I know (but don't necessary love).

• 1 - 6 Months

Time Software Used

• Ease of Set Up

Naroomatechedu's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2010

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>I think its written by an MS shill. The review states that plugins were not installed, so of course some websites don't work, this is true of any browser, stability is not an issue, nearly all websites work with Firefox. Not credible.

Mentaljason's Comment

Written on: 15/10/2010

I have been using Firefox for many years now and I have a complete contrast of your review. Firefox for 1 is an open source project and doesn't sell anything so they don't need a selling point, and Firefox add-ons if added correctly, (Not difficult) Are some of the stablest add-ons for any browser, You saying Firefox disabling add-ons because they are unsafe as a bad point.. i don't get it? Isn't it good for them to prevent security holes? Also you can choose to ignore their warning if they do say that.