Caroline Castigliano Wedding Dresses Review

Guest's review of Caroline Castigliano Wedding Dresses

“I went to CC, Bath to find a dress after trying on a...”

Written on: 18/02/2010

I went to CC, Bath to find a dress after trying on a lot of dresses and not finding 'the one'. The sales lady was very helpful and we had a very successful visit, but the dresses wasn't exactly perfect and so i said i was going to think on it. This was immediately met with threats of the 2009 prices ending 'that day' and going up by 10 - 15% at the end of the day due to VAT!!!! (load of rubbish on the 8th Feb!), this would have increased the cost of the dress i was thinking about by £450 - £700, which is ridiculous. What kind of designer bridal boutique uses such presure techniques. I told them under no circumstances would i be deciding then and there. After more pressure tactics we left the shop. I then received two phones call that day and three more afterwards. I returned their calls on the weds after my Sat appointment and told them i had chosen another dress from another designer, which i am so, so happy with, thoroughly enjoyed picking out and was put under no pressure to buy. It is a shame as the dresses and fabrics are beautiful in CC, but i would never give up £5,000 of my money to someone using such tactics. Who are theses brides who try on and buy within a two hour window, i certainly haven't met one yet! As an aside, one of the messages left on my phone on the tues unsurprisingly said that the 2010 price increase hadn't come in yet!!!