The Punch Bowl, High Easter Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

vanessa24's review of The Punch Bowl, High Easter

“We recently had a meal for Valentines 2010 at the...”

Written on: 15/02/2010 by vanessa24 (1 review written)

We recently had a meal for Valentines 2010 at the Punch Bowl. Buried in the Essex countryside, it seems so surprising to find such a top class restaurant. Yes you do feel as if you have been transported back to the 70's, the attire of the hosts, the old building, cellar, and fantastic dessert trolley. I espically liked the old fashioned attentive service- we were sat in the reception area and served strawberry champagne cocktails and blood orange drinks along with homemade crisps. Orchids given to the girls. Even the menu had personal touches- blue text for the boys, pink for the girls, with the prices only on the boys menu! The table was very romantic and the menu was lovely. I had roast belly of pork and my partner had lobster. Unlike most high end restaurants, you actually had a very large portion here which gained more plus points from us. The dessert trolley had about 7 homemade choices from pavolova to chocolate roulde and cheesecake. The owner also gave me some extra sweets to take home (from the tea/coffee selection!- strawberry's dipped in white choc and coconut ice)Very rare to get a resturant with soo many personal touches.

• Modern European

Food Type

• £10-15

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined