Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

danryan's review of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)

“This game is startlingly good! ”

Written on: 09/02/2010 by danryan (2 reviews written)

This game is startlingly good!

I have waiting all my life for a game as playable and accessible as this to come out.

I have heard people criticise it for being 'too easy' and that's exactly what i like about it!

I am not a gaming expert and I am rarely to be seen using a console. The reason? I am (probably) the worst person I know at playing most games. From Pro Evolution Soccer to Tekken; I am awful. Add to that the fact that I am not a world beating athlete, or indeed an anything beating athlete, and you've got a pretty clear picture of the kind of guy I am.

Fat, but maybe not that fat is the image I strive for.

Imagine my delight, then, when i first picked up a wii remote in one hand and a nunchuck in the other, held down the 'B' button and released it just at the right time to give Yoshi a perfect 'off-the-blocks' start and frantically pumped the controls up and down, imagining, just for that moment that I was Usain Bolt, an won the 100 metres!

Buy this game (don't buy the Winter Olympics game- unless you want to be brought crashing back down to the level of games console failure and uber-nerd wannabe)

• Graphics