Tales of Symphonia Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Guest's review of Tales of Symphonia

“This game kicks total butt! ”

Written on: 29/01/2010

This game kicks total butt!

I'm being serious. Sure, I've read in other places that it's predictable, and I had to see for myself. I was dissapointed in the people who told me that. This game, despite the fact that it has some pretty corny dialouge in places, has more plot twists than a roller coaster has turns. There are other things about it, too. The characters, for one thing, are some of the most unique in all JRPGdom. If you want stereotypical heroes look elsewhere, you won't find those here.

The graphics could be better, they don't really fit the style of a game which such dark themes, but I'm willing to forgive them becasue the game that Namco made was AWESOME!

It has a decent difficulty curve, too, and a grade shop once you beat the game that allows you to buy powere ups and what not. There's also a gazillion hours of gameplay if you're really thurough becasue I will tell you now, there in no way you are getting everything packed into this two disk game on your first playthrough.

Overall, I would reccomend it to teen and up. It has some launguage that may not be appropriate for younger players. It also has some darker themes, like rascisim and murder, but it's nothing I couldn't handle, and I'm squeamish.

Buy it if you want a good game that's alot like a book as far as plot goes, and has morals to go with it!

• Graphics