HSBC Student Account Review

HSBC Student Account
1.7

• Overdraft Facility

Guest's review of HSBC Student Account

“I thought I was having quite good experiences with...”

written by on 11/01/2010

I thought I was having quite good experiences with HSBC... I've had no problems with the cold calling people have mentioned, and I don't use the overdraft facility, so that doesn't bother me. This is until I tried to make use of my free travel insurance that was one of the main reasons I got the account, since I'm doing a languages degree that requires me to travel abroad...to find out that they hadn't set it up properly, and until I paid in another £1000 they wouldn't give me it...despite having put all my loan installments into this account, and I had to do it by the end of my first year.... so, not having 1000 pounds, I couldn't use the service. I've sent given them change of address forms so many times, and they still don't know where I live, and now, I've been waiting over 2 weeks for a debit card they forgot to issue me with when it expired, having also sent it to a branch i didn't want them to. They tell me it'll take them 4-6 days to get it from Doncaster to Nottingham...A man on a horse could get it that distance faster. So, when I add all this to the overall incompetance of seemingly all of their staff..as soon as my card arrives, I shall use it to take out all my money and go somewhere else...

• Overdraft Facility