Britax Vigour 3 Pushchair Review

warby79's review of Britax Vigour 3 Pushchair

“After testing virtual every pushchair/pram on the...”

written by warby79 on 13/12/2009

After testing virtual every pushchair/pram on the market this is the one that ticked all the boxes.

I struggled to put down other more expensive rivals (icandy, quinny) or get the car seats off etc. I could put this down and up first time.

There are no fiddly adaptors to put on/off for car seat (I have the Baby safe plus SHR so simple).

All attachments are easy to put on/take off. It steers like a dream and can turn one handed on spot (Handy for getting out of tight spaces).

The handle is great for shorter people or tallies (husband 6'3). The common theme I found with rivals is that the handles are round - sort of flat shaped, which I found uncomfy, this handle is round and comfy to push.

Large hood which protects baby from sun

Fits in boot of my Golf WITHOUT removing any wheels.

Wheels won't get punctures (seen others with quinnys pumping them up!)

Large pushchair seat which faces either way and has unlimited recline options which is easy to do (unlike others I tested)

The frame I don't find heavy again compared to rivals

Front wheel lock if necessary.

The only negative I found (which is why not 5 stars)

The 2009 model with complete lie flat does not have a very padded seat, which did not bother me as I purchased the carrycot. Now I have a fleecy seat cover, but am sure can't be very comfortable for newborns (unlike pramettes).

Raincover is impossible to get back into cover (both for carrycot or pushchair) and does not fold up small so takes up all room in basket.

Frame marks quite eaily and the way it is opened and closed means it will scuff the front on the floor.

Colour options are boring

None of these points would put me off purchasing it again. Having tried friends pushchairs since purchasing, it always reminds me what a good buy it was. I am surpirsed that more places doen't stock it (ie John Lewis) but I suppose it doesn't have a designer tag with it! (Unlike the bugaboos/Icandy I always hear them trying to push people towards and I reckon aren't 3 times better - where are there alway so many on ebay and why have they never won any awards!)

• Travel Systems