Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk Review

Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk
1.9

Guest's review of Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk

“I've got some issues with Good Energy's billing. I was...”

written by on 02/12/2009

I've got some issues with Good Energy's billing. I was recently horrified to receive a bill showing my account as £370.70 in arrears. I had assumed that they took regular meter readings and that they adjusted my monthly direct debit to keep payments on track. Apparently not. I've just paid the £370.

With the arrears now cleared I naturally assumed that the monthly direct debit would resume at a relatively modest rate. The property in question is a holiday home, occupied only on alternate weekends. Electricity use is minimal. However, I have now received another bill that shows an estimated reading and that asks for payment of another £135.00

Good Energy say the property consumes 10.1 kWh/day. But the property is unoccupied for 20-plus days each month and just has a small fridge and freezer in operation; nothing else. In contrast, my Bristol home, where we also buy our electricity from Good Energy consumes a mere 3.8 kWh/day, and this property has a panoply of electrical appliances.

How can the virtually empty property be using more than three times as much energy as the our main residence? I'm hoping that their customer service people can resolve this matter -- but after reading some of the reviews here I'm none too confident!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2011

estimated readings are just that... estimated! Most energy companies estimate your readings - unless YOU provide actual readings, all you need to do is provide regular readings for a few months to build up an idea of your ACTUAL usage.. is it really that difficult?