Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Frosteee's review of Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)

“I'm a big fan of the COD series and there was no doubt...”

Written on: 30/11/2009 by Frosteee (69 reviews written)

I'm a big fan of the COD series and there was no doubt in my mind that I'd get Modern Warfare 2 as soon as it came out.

After 2-3 weeks of play I'm addicted to playing multi-player MW2 online with friends but I've hardly touched the single player mode so my review is focused on the former. Modern Warfare 2 lives up to most of the expectations and is a another great Call of Duty title.

So far I'm enjoying it. The multiplayer maps are well thought out, the addition of Co-Op missions is a big plus and the range and unlocking of weapons is better than before. Perhaps the best change is the bigger range of support options with sentry guns, harriers, care packages and even a nucleur strike all available when you complete a kill streak. You unlock new care package options as you increase your rank and configure which 3 options you'd like to use.

There are few disappointments though. The graphics and gameplay don't seem to have progressed much from the previous Modern Warfare game released 2 years ago. The party management system for setting up games online is worse than ever too. It's not just less reliable than before but the general usability of setting up parties and moving in and out of the lobby together isn't very good. You spend a lot of time restarting your party rather than shooting people! I imagine this will be improved in a patch release soon though.

Overall MW2 is still a great game and there's not many better games around on the Xbox360 at the moment if you like FPS. One for your Christmas list.

• Graphics