Lebara Mobile - www.lebara-mobile.co.uk Review

• Signal Coverage

Guest's review of Lebara Mobile - www.lebara-mobile.co.uk

“Absolutely TERRIBLE COMPANY. AWFUL customer service. I...”

Written on: 29/11/2009

Absolutely TERRIBLE COMPANY. AWFUL customer service. I used Lebara to call friends in America for over a year and found that their charges aren't that cheap after all, considering that pennyphone.com only charges 2p a min but also, it's really expensive to text - about the same on than my current standard o2 price plan. Also, if your sim in inactive for over 30 days - I mean international calls aren't meant to made every week! They DEACTIVATE your card and they DON'T TELL YOU EVEN AFTER YOU've TOPPED IT UP! That's what I did. I topped up my sim online with £20 and basically the sim still didn't work and they REFUSED to activate my sim card! They STOLE money and then wanted me to pay MORE for a new sim card!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM LEBARA, THEY'RE A SCAM!!!!!

• Over 1 Year

Time with Network

• Signal Coverage

Letik's Comment

Written on: 03/01/2011

Checked the T&C today (03.01.2011). Currently the user has to make a payable call every 84 days (alternatively sending a SMS would probably be good enough). Put it in your calendar!
<br/>
<br/>"60. If you do not use the Pre-Pay Services to make at least one chargeable event or outgoing call for a period of 84 days, this Agreement will be deemed to be terminated by you, and the Service will be disconnected."
<br/>
<br/>I could not find the cost of an SMS to outside the UK on the Lebara mobile website.
<br/>For international SMS there are cheap options like 1899.com (web page) or skype (application).