Antigua Winds Pro Power Bell Series Saxophone Review

From 1 review
  • Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of Antigua Winds Pro Power Bell Series Saxophone

“I bought my saxophone about 6 months ago and am very...”

Written on: 26/10/2009

I bought my saxophone about 6 months ago and am very pleased with it. Price wise it is very good just under £1000 and is well worth it. It will take you past grade 8 standard. Howarths have also started selling Antigua so it must be a good make even though it is not very well heard of.

It is like a yanasgawa copy, the metal quality is thick and excellent producing a beautiful tone which is not at all tinny. There are also beautiful engravings on the crook, bell, and body. It also has a fully ribbed construction.

It goes down to a low B flat, and performes well in all octaves.

Maintenece: it is very sturdy and I have had to do no maintance except cork grease. It has sturdy, well wearing high quality leather pads.

It comes with a hard case, 4C mouthpiece (this is OK but if you are a high standars I would suggest another one eg. meyer, yanisagawa, vandoren, selmer), and normal ligature (again this is OK but I would suggest another one eg. yanisagawa, vandoren, selmer).

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard