Jané Matrix Cup Review

Jané Matrix Cup
3.2

Guest's review of Jané Matrix Cup

“Brilliant car seat due to the lie flat option. Having...”

written by on 13/10/2009

Brilliant car seat due to the lie flat option. Having researched car seats and prams etc for ages before buying it was the lie flat option on this seat that clinched the deal for me. Having used it for the last 8 months I would use no other pram/car seat. It has been a total godsend as it allows my baby (who hasn;t always been the best sleeper) to sleep on the go without being disturbed and without me worrying about her spine being damaged. Also becasue baby is lying flat I am happy in the knowledge that she is getting a proper sleep (do you feel better having slept upright on the sofa or lying down on your bed.....?no brainer!). I simpy cannot understand why you would buy a separate car seat and carrycot as you'd have to wake the baby to get it out of the seat to put in the carrycot for any outings longer than one and half hrs (recommended time for baby to be in upright car seat). We have had some briliant days out with this seat and could not have done it had baby been in an upright seat.

When my baby started being nosy (about 3/4mths) this seat really did come into its own. With one hand I can put the seat upright with baby in the seat and she's able to look out and see me. When she gets grunpy I simply lie her flat, snuggle her up and zzzzzzzzzzzzz of she goes to sleep.

The seat is very easy to put into the car and after reading reviews about it being flimsy to attached to seat belt etc and coming loose I can honestly say I have not had this problem. If I had the seat would have been sent straight back to where I bought it from. I have found it safe and secure. My daughter is now 16lbs (nearly 8mths) and still lies flat comfortably in it.

My only fault with this chair is that when in the upright position it can be a bit fiddly to belt into the car. However we also have a maxi cosy (not the one with the isofix) and that too is fiddly. I would say this is a small price to pay when you consider all the other benefits of the seat. On the upside when the seat is upright it is far bigger than a normal stage 1 car seat so will last longer.

Excellent seat!